The digital age of information is demanding that companies stay up to date and competitive. Here are a few areas where you’re going to want to pay attention to how you can transform your company to be in line with more digital standards.
Smart Systems for Process
One important area of transforming your company is in the process area. This is always going to be an important area when it comes to handling risks and resource allotment. In the past, process was handled by humans to make sure that the right people are focusing on the right tasks in the right moment.
The idea is that this type of automation will allow managers to focus on the management tasks that can’t be automated as well, such as big picture concerns, instead of counting attendance and other minutiae. This has been known to help companies pull back on how much labour they need for these types of everyday tasks. It can also be useful when it comes to creating data that can be analysed to make sure you stay in compliance with various statistical requirements and other similar concerns.
However, these days, it’s becoming more and more the case that you need to use digital systems in order to be as competitive as the next guy.
Marketing Transformations into Digital Space
This transformation from more traditional marketing through paper forms like newspapers, magazines, general flyers and others to social media and other digital approaches has a number of important effects that are critical to modern business practices including:
- Increased Interactions-The level of engagement that customers have and expect with modern countries in the Asian region and beyond is quickly becoming a new standard. The idea is that customers are so used to this level of engagement that anything underneath it will be noticed as a lacking. Plus, customers in the Asia region and beyond will certainly want these interactions in the typical ways with Twitter, Facebook, and other social media being the main way they want to speak with companies about initial encounters, sometimes even beyond traditional options of the modern world like email.
- Quick Channel Switching-Getting relevant data to customers and having the organisation that can handle doing what is now becoming much easier because of the transformations happening all the time these days. After all, different marketing approaches are going to work better on certain channels over others. Some businesses are going to be conducive to marketing campaigns targeting social media sites of a certain type, such as photo sites, over other types, depending on the industry.
By the year 2019, more than a third of large global manufacturers that have initiatives into smart manufacturing will put IT and OT systems together to make their response times as well as their efficiency statistics greater. This means that in order to compete, it’s important for anyone in the manufacturing sector or anyone that does a lot of work with that sector, to make sure that such companies are making the most of these types of smart systems.
Anyone that gets left behind here is going to have trouble competing. It’s never too early to transform your manufacturing process to have A.I. assist with both IT and OT systems for this reason.
Tech Specific Transformations
Another important transformation to pay attention to is simply that which focuses on technology specifically. For example, there are new ways of working through a business that would’ve been entirely impossible in the past, opening up new possibilities that competitors will be taking advantage of even if such is the case that you are not.
Examples of this include:
- Live Teleconferencing– In the past, if people weren’t in the same place at the same time they simply accepted limitations inherent in whatever they were doing. Obviously, phones were still possible, but you can’t show people graphs and do other in-person meeting stuff with phone conferencing. However, this was the old way, and it’s increasingly possible to do nearly everything you can do in person by using sharing tools that let people share their screens with others during online video conversations.
- Connections Across Business Chains-It’s also becoming increasingly possible to connect CEO, managers, employees and even customers across the entirety of the process chain. For example, perhaps there’s a live video conference that is being held internally usually, but that doesn’t feature very many private details. These days, it could be extended to the public for invites if they have a curiosity about this sort of thing. It can be linked directly from various social media sites, for example.
- Other Options-Mobile connections are something that a lot of older companies in the Asian market and beyond may not be used to in general since the computers were already in place and just upgraded, but the infrastructure for mobile may not automatically already be there.
Digital Cultural Transformations
One thing that always tends to remain true about the Internet is that it’s constantly changing. The reason why this is important in terms of how you try to keep up with it is because handling transformations on the digital plain may be necessary more often than you might think. For example, it may often be the case that you have to handle a new social media site and transform your company to be active on that site on practically the drop of a hat.
The reverse could also be the case, and one could lead into another. The way this tends to work is like this. Say that you have your marketing operations set up in order to work at both marketing and handling customer interactions such as those that are required for fielding customer service questions all through one particular site. As powerful as these sites seem to be when they are at the height of their power, the Internet is a tremendously fickle place. There’s nothing really stopping even large sites from suddenly either dying at the drop of a hat or becoming irrelevant within your frame of interest.
Examples like this include Sina Weibo and Tencent Weibo for certain regions in Asia. If you’ve built your operations around or partially around such sites as part of a transformation into the digital realm the first time, there’s no reason why this might not happen again. Yes, there are apparently 200 million people on Tencent Weibo, according to Synthesio, but again, sites equal in mightiness have come down before, so it’s worth making sure that you monitor your markets so that you can be ready to shift into a new one and learn the potential necessary processes for doing this ahead of time.
If you don’t, the chances are that you’re going to end up playing catch up if the most popular social media sites for your area and demographics go through a sudden change.